Valuation and Litigation Services
If you own or operate a private business, the valuation question – or, “What is it worth?” – will be one of the most difficult and essential questions you’ll ever ask. Valuation is at the heart of every purchase and sale negotiation. It drives the tax consequences of a gift or inheritance, and it can affect financial statements, buy-ins, buy-outs and retirement plans.
Litigation addresses equally complex financial issues. Wealth and income are at stake, so cases must be built around facts and details that are properly analyzed and clearly presented in reports and expert testimony.
Frazee Ivy Davis blends the tools of a CPA firm with the clear expertise and credibility required to meet the needs of business valuation and litigated controversies. Our experience comes from hundreds of valuation and litigation assignments–from simple to complex–across all types of businesses and all forms of civil dispute.
We offer the credentials, training and experience that matter most. Our valuation and litigation practice is led by Alex Ivy, a uniquely qualified CPA who is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Accredited Senior Appraiser (ASA) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV).
We are committed to excellence, and conduct our valuation work in accordance with the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice and the professional valuation standards of the American Society of Appraisers and the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
We offer independent, objective assistance to clients who need valuation services, expert testimony or more limited analyses to inform plans, deals and disputes. Our services include:
Independent Valuation Opinions
- Wealth planning valuations
- Estate, gift, and income tax compliance
- S elections and corporate structuring
- Owner controversies and litigation
- Trust, fiduciary, or insider transactions
- Key employee equity
- Family Limited Partnership interests
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- Discounts and premiums
- Fairness opinions
Litigation Support and Expert Testimony
- Shareholder fairness and dissent
- Damages and lost profit studies
- Bankruptcy and distress studies
- Expert witness services
- Financial investigation consulting
- Settlement and mediation conferences
- Discovery and cross-examination consulting